Thursday, February 26, 2009

Local Search Spammer - Florist Concierge by Wire

If you would like to complain about Florist Concierge. Please visit www.FlowerComplaint.com

Looks like we have an order gatherer spamming Google's local search for many rural florist search queries. The spammer is using a pattern that is easily identifiable:

1. [Insert City/Town Name] Concierge by Wire
2. [Insert City/Town Name] Directory by Nationwide 411
3. [Insert City/Town Name] Florist Directory
4. [Insert City/Town Name] Flower Shops Directory

Here are a couple of snapshots so you get the idea. All the phone numbers are connected to the same nationwide outfit that identifies themselves as "the Florist Concierge." Check your listings. Large cities seem to be uneffected.



Updated 5/31/09. [The information below was submitted by a Florist SEO Watch reader]

Nationwide 411 Florist Directory Inc.

Mark Misiak

Director

2428 Lake Vista Ct Apt 306

Casselberry, FL 32707

Seminole County

Andrew Russo

Director

2428 Lake Vista Ct

Casselberry, FL 32707

Seminole County

Incorporated by Mark Misiak and Andrew Russo, Nationwide 411 Florist Directory Inc. is located at 2428 Lake Vista Ct Apt 306 Casselberry, FL 32707.
Nationwide 411 Florist Directory Inc. was incorporated on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 in the State of FL and is currently active.
Florida Filing & Search Services, Inc. represents Nationwide 411 Florist Directory Inc. as their registered agent.

Source: Public Record data from Florida Department of State - Division of Corporations

Florist Concierge
6236 Kingspointe Pkwy, Ste 1
Orlando, FL 32819

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant.

ryan p said...

I thought that Google only shows legit businesses in the Maps section. No? Do you suspect that Google is getting paid for this?

Mark McFall said...

Hi Ryan:

I don't suspect that Google is getting paid to allow spam in their local algorithm as it would cripple their brand.

At some point Florist Concierge will be removed by hand. I have noticed that their presence isn't as strong as it once was when they first went live with their spam.

Anonymous said...

Do NOT use Florist Concierge you will end up disappointed and lied to on your loved one's Birthday!!!!! They took my money in 5 mins. but won't refund it fir 5 days.

Observations of Deviance said...

I wish I had seen this blog before I used Florist Concierge. I was in a rush, I found them on Google maps, they promised same day delivery, and of course, 2 days later and no flowers. No call to tell me that the flowers would be late. I call their phone #, and, of course, just get an answering machine. Since there was a local telephone # and google maps showed them as having a local address, I though I was safe; boy was I wrong. What a scam. Do not use these jerks!

Anonymous said...

AT&T directory gave me their number and I was in a rush so I ordered flowers from there w/o any research. They have my credit card number; should I be worried?

Anonymous said...

The flowers I ordered eventually arrived, albeit three days late. In the end, I was able to get a refund of $40 out of their sorry behinds.

If you have ay problems, here's what worked for me: I told them straight up that I was an extremely unhappy customer, then I asked what could they do to make me a happy customer? They responded w/ a $25 refund, I said that won't make me happy, but $40 will, they agreed and credited my account a few days later. it also may have helped that I not so subtly mentioned that I happened to be an attorney. Just be up front, firm but not mean, and don't take no for an answer if they give you any bullsh!t. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

The worst business I ever dealt with. Promised Saturday or Sunday Mother's Day delivery and they didn't get there until Monday at 4:20PM! Crappy small boquet for $71!!

Anonymous said...

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. They do not fulfill their promises. 3 days after ordering from mothers day AND the flowers are still not here. Was told, they will be delivered Sat or Sun. Then told Monday, OR they are on the truck to be delivered. Monday night still no flowers. Only get voice mail. Not reputable, don't use this company.

Anonymous said...

Company lies to you. DO NOT order from them EVER. Still no flowers for Mother's Day and it is Monday evening. Promised either Sat or Sun delivery AND then Mon delivery AND still no flowers. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY.

Anonymous said...

This place is shady..they use multiple business names and actually used OUR business name in an advertisment in yellowbook.com They use "city name" and Florist and that is OUR business name. They use local numbers too, to mislead cutomers to think that they are local.